Monday, June 1, 2009

What's the big idea?

Here is my theme song for this post (Video #2)

I am Mommy with lots of ideas.  I am a perfectionist, who can complete the occasional idea but, feels that all of her ideas go wasted or just fill up pages and pages of notebooks!

Well, my Hubby will attest to the fact that I have a rather large notebook "collection"! I always use those notebooks but, I don't complete the ideas that are intended to be completed by writing them down in the notebook.

In a conversation that occurred not so long ago, he helped me to realize that I can use my strengths to work on a blog.  Yes, of COURSE I had that idea and I started several.  They were too focused and required me to be crafty or more organized (with my thoughts) AND daily schedule.  Therefore, I got bored or overwhelmed and stopped.

The other inspiring folks I need to mention are:

my dear friend, Katie...she inspired me to add my parenting "manual" ideas.  

my friend Kerri...in a conversation with her, we came to an interesting discovery that may shock you!  We both attended college and feel that we learned valuable skills there.  I am in NO WAY saying that you should NOT attend college...I strongly ENCOURAGE it.  However, make sure it's something that you can enjoy/is fun!   

She is taking on an incredible undertaking by homeschooling her children.  She was feeling anxious about whether or not she had the skills to be a teacher.  During our conversation, she asked me if she thought that she would have to go to school to be able to be successful with this task.  I immediately responded "no".  I kind of shocked myself!  There are some people who have the instinct and the skills to be a teacher.  It's natural.  She cares for the well-being of her children AND for a quality education for them, that they are not receiving in their hometown.  

The perfectionist part of me knows that this is not a well-written post.  It's raw.  It's killing me that I'm posting it this way.   However, I just got scolded by Hubby for not posting because the whole point was just to post the ideas and see where this blogging adventure takes me.  I guess that I can go back and tweak them later and hoping that my writing gets better! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment