Saturday, June 6, 2009

Notebooks

This post is unfinished:

I've mentioned my love for notebooks. You'll have no surprise then, when I tell you that I loved to have my students use notebooks for EVERYTHING. (Add some of the things we did?)

Well, when I learned that I was going to have a professional development day based on Social Studies (Yay!) AND notebooks...well, I just about died. It was LITERALLY the only professional development that I could stand because it was actually innovative/productive. Of course, not every teacher agreed. However, it's the teachers that were so stuck in the dark ages of teaching or *ahem* shouldn't be teaching at all *ahem* that didn't like it.

Well, here's why I LOVE the idea of notebooks (organization, teacher lesson [just like readers/writer workshop], student creative space, place to refer back to later on which illustrates tiered learning!]...AMAZING, right?!

Well, I've done some research on different types of notebook teaching. I don't think that there are a lot of things out there, 'cause it does require a little bit more work than a simple worksheet! ;) Here are some links. Plus, if anyone wants to post some links to their notebook samples, I'll gladly add them!

I may even post some of my notebook ideas for toddlers and such as I come along! Ooooo...tutors out there...as I'm thinking of adding myself to this job (awkward sentence) soon, I'm thinking this is an EXCELLENT way to keep all of your client work together! Do you think it could be incorporated?

What is YOUR take on notebooks? What ideas can we get going here?

No comments:

Post a Comment