Friday, July 31, 2009

Hug, Hug

Hug Hug!
by Lorie Ann Grover and Rebecca Malone



I bought Hug Hug!, intending to give it to my daughter when she was almost 2, for Valentine's Day. However, I was pretty excited to give it to her before that, since she had been obsessed with hugs and it seemed like the perfect book for her. Well, I know I hit the jackpot when I read the book, for the first time, and she hugged EVERY page! Her new catch phrase (at the time I gave it to her) was, "Awwww...cuuuuuuute." and that accompanied almost every squeeze.

The book is short and sweet with simply adorable illustrations of a variety of animals, big and small. The other charming thing about this book is the variety of ways that the animals hug...with noses, in the trees, in a row, with our rears (adorable bear hug). It opens up some ideas for fun traditions when reading the story or in your daily hugging rituals!

Maybe this book was inspired by this guy:



Love this video...go hug someone! OOO

No comments:

Post a Comment